Dienstag, 17. Mai 2011

Why failure is part of the success

failure & success

By Deborah fike

As long as I can remember, I wanted to be a writer. I've kept a journal faithfully throughout my school years and registered each story writing contest as I could. I would write short poems in the margins of my notes of scientific conferences and even writing comic stories on all of my friends are superheroes. With good notes and piles of finished stories, I felt like nothing could stand between me and a promising career as a writer.

Except that life was violated. Despite my best intentions, I eventually reduce my dream, once I hit college. Novel chevauché studies written. I picked up a boyfriend, who took most of my time. I tried to keep written by submitting short stories from time to time to collegiate magazines, but none of them have been accepted. After several letters of rejection, I abandoned my dream to write in lieu of other activities. "From time to time I find an old 3.5" floppy disk filled with ideas for articles and imagine "If", but things get much further than that. I was unhappy about it, but I felt that I should spend my time doing "adult things". At the tender age of 23, I felt that I had failed to write.

What I didn't in time, however, is that the failure is not a game of end for our hopes and desires. Failure is, in fact, a part of the success. Although a few lucky ones get to realize their dreams at a young age, most of us experience serious disappointment on our trips. Even if these reverse sting, they also make our most precious dreams. Can you imagine how you feel if you had already participated in Olympic Games, has launched a multi-million dollar company and received the Noble peace prize before leaving secondary school? These accomplishments probably do mean much for you since you earned them as easily.

Not only failed to give real meaning to our dreams, also forces us to give priority to what we really want from life. After failing, it is to realize that you want to stop the pursuit of a goal. I gave my aspirations acting, long ago, and I've never regretted it. I discovered that acting not made me happier. We cannot spend our time reach, therefore sometimes by waive one purpose, you will find how much you enjoy seeking something else.

I do not say that failure is easy – far from it. Failed is the singular most difficult thing to do. It requires us to believe in ourselves, when others could not keep continue something without the promise of a reward. Do not fight the guilt, disappointment and jealousy, sometimes all of the means. It can destroy our esteem self-esteem, making us feel stupid to search in the first place.

Then, Yes, failure hurt, sometimes painfully so, but imagine you've done everything you can to avoid it. You would never feel these negative emotions, true, but this also means that you have never grown yourself, never taking a risk and ultimately never accomplished anything. Although the pursuit of a goal is not the success, not to pursue a goal ensures that it will never happen.

So ultimately, I got back to writing. I've found that writing does not, even if I could not get published, made me more miserable than all these letters of rejection. I finished a novel, I started College and then wrote a second, that neither of which has never been published. It did not matter because the pure joy of writing has become its own reward.

Then, something magical happened. Some of my news are published. I discovered the different avenues of writing - blog articles and marketing ad copy. I had the fantastic opportunity to stories of project for two video games online, which are still published, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Each year, I continue to write closer to me is my goal to reach a broad audience of readers. And most surprising of all, I do in ways that I would have imagined when I was 23.

Who knows where I will eventually tomorrow? It is possible that all my writing income will be dry up. I could never get to write a published video game. It's all probabilities. However, I know that if I stop writing by fear of failure, I will never achieve anything. This gives the chance of success is worth the risk of failure.

Bio of the author:

Deborah Fike is a founder of Fellowstream, a tool for collaboration for small teams and companies. She loves discuss project management online and written as much as she can in her free time.

Photo by Cerenious

«This entry is filed under: success - 27 comments»

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen